Wow, what a weekend! We not only had a full house, which keeps us hopping, but we prepared Thanksgiving dinner for all of our guests. We had the full slate of dishes including sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, turkey with sage-sausage dressing, ham, mac and 5 cheese casserole, green beans, Waldorf salad and a garden salad. Thanks to Pam and Scooter who came all the way from our old neighborhood in Virginia to help out. We couldn’t have done it without them.
Despite the fact that we had 30 people for dinner we still have some leftovers. Last night I put together a couple of Turkey Tetrazinis, my favorite way to use up leftover turkey. Tetrazini is easy to make and you can use up turkey bits, scrapings, white meat and dark.
How easy? Here we go in under 100 words:
Cut up enough turkey to cover the bottom of your casserole dish, maybe an inch deep. Add a can of mushroom soup and grated cheese (I used white cheddar). Use as much cheese as you want. Add a little milk and stir it all up. Boil spaghetti and add it to the dish, stir it up. Top with more grated cheese (Romano this time) and Parmesan. Bake at 350 until hot and brown on the top. Eat and enjoy!
And I still have 20 words left.
So now that Thanksgiving is over what do we do next? Here are some of the events scheduled for the next week:
- Holiday Home Tour. Tour of 4 private historic homes that are decorated for the holidays. December 3rd and 4th
- Union Holiday Encampment at Fort Clinch. December 4th.
- Parade of Paws. A parade of local pooches dressed up in their holiday finery. December 4th
- Artrageous Artwalk. A chance to buy that last minute gift from one of our local artists. December 11th
- Land and Sea Parades. The Land Parade will roll by right in front of the Addison. The Sea Parade is an after-dark parade of lighted boats in the harbor. December 11th
That should keep us busy for a couple of weeks. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the leftover ham. Any ideas?