Welcome Back to The Addison
With travel restrictions lifting and cabin fever at its peak, we couldn’t wait to welcome new and returning guests to our Amelia Island bed and breakfast. We understand that these are still uncertain times and there’s now enhanced caution surrounding traveling. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to not only ensure our inn provides a clean, safe haven for guests, but to share our efforts with you. By being transparent, we aim to build trust with travelers and instill confidence that a stay at The Addison is a safe, healthy choice.
Continue reading to review our 12-Point Safety Checklist and hear feedback from our most recent guests. We hope that our new and improved policies and procedures give you peace of mind that The Addison on Amelia Island is a safe place to stay!
Our 12-Point Safety Checklist
During quarantine, our staff thoroughly deep-cleaned and disinfected each room after the last guest checked out in March 2020. Since then, we have implemented a 12-point safety checklist for The Addison on Amelia Island guests:
- Pre-arrival. We disinfect all potential touchpoints, replace glassware, and provide hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes for guests’ personal use before guests check–in.
- Welcome letter. We place a welcome letter in each room describing what we did, along with a disinfected room key as an added effort to reassure guests.
- Privacy. Staff doesn’t enter the guest rooms for housekeeping unless requested. However, we’re more than happy to provide clean towels, empty trash, and replace amenities such as toilet tissue upon request.
- Outdoor seating. We’ve reduced the number of dining tables on the veranda from five to four to allow for social distancing. We’ve placed the other table on the private balcony of Room 3 so guests can dine there if desired. We’ve rearranged seating in the dining room to accommodate four couples and allow for social distancing.
- Table-tops. We disinfect glass-top dining tables before setting the tables and repeat the process between guests, and again after breakfast. We also repeat the process in preparation for hosting our happy hour.
- Table-top items. We sanitize placemats, salt and pepper grinders, napkin rings, and sugar packet holders before breakfast, between guests, and again after breakfast.
- Coffee. Coffee mugs are turned upside down and placed on saucers for pre-breakfast coffee service. Disposable cups are also available. We provide hand sanitizer by the coffee station for guests to use after pouring coffee.
- Breakfast and happy hour. Breakfast is individually plated and delivered to the dining table by the innkeepers. We also prepare individual plates for happy hour appetizers, so no buffet service. If guests prefer, we can accommodate in-room dining as well.
- High touchpoints. Throughout the day, we frequently disinfect high touchpoint areas including doorknobs, light switches, breakfast bar, and guest refrigerator.
- Check-in/check-out. We provide contactless check-in and checkout to ensure safety from the moment guests arrive at the inn to the moment they say goodbye.
- Post-check-out. After a guest checks out, housekeeping staff puts on gloves and removes all bedding, including quilts/bedspreads, pillow shams, pillow protectors, mattress pads, towels, and robes. Staff then takes these items directly to the laundry room and places them in dirty linen baskets. Staff removes all glassware and tumblers from the guest room and takes them directly to the kitchen for washing, rinsing, and sanitizing. Staff thoroughly cleans and disinfects each guest room before replacing linens, towels, bedding, and glassware.
- Pre-check-in. In addition to the enhanced cleaning and disinfecting process, staff spot cleans and disinfects each guest room again before the next guest checks in. This is when we place a welcome letter and disinfected room key in the room.
For those guests looking for even more privacy and social distancing, our property’s unique layout gives The Addison on Amelia Island an even greater advantage than most B&Bs, and we encourage you to take a virtual tour of our charming inn. Of our 14 guest rooms, nine boast private entries, three have private porches, and seven have private outdoor sitting areas. This means guests can have a more secluded getaway with private access! Browse the guest rooms to pick your favorite.
After months at home, we’re all anxious for a change of scenery. We’ve love having guests again! It is so good to hear conversation and laughter at our breakfast and happy hour again! Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s what a few recent guests had to say about their stays at The Addison on Amelia Island!
High School Reunion
When Barrie D. from Blythewood, South Carolina, wanted to enjoy a special reunion with her high school friend that she’d only seen twice since graduation, she booked a stay at The Addison on Amelia Island. “Of special note, we were the first guests to book after COVID-19 and felt completely secure with the cleanliness and distancing guidelines followed at the Inn,” said Barrie. “We each stayed in a room in the courtyard that had private entrances, individual air-conditioning units, beautiful decor, comfortable bedding, and lovely bathrooms stocked with everything you need.”
As a former 12-year resident of Amelia Island, Karyl Stewart couldn’t wait to visit her favorite restaurants and downtown area, all within walking distance of The Addison. “This was such a treat! Thank you, Ron and Lisa. I loved being home!”
Memorial Day Weekend
“Spent a lovely Memorial Day weekend with Lisa and Ron! What a well-kept, beautiful property. Everything is kept squeaky clean and decorated with timeless taste,” said guest Lina Voloshin. “Coffee, tea, water, and small snacks available 24hrs, with plenty of beautiful seating to relax throughout the property, whether you prefer a swing on the porch or the shaded courtyard overlooking a fountain and garden. They host a social for guests every evening with snacks and drinks. Guests can borrow bikes to go visit the town or fort, and the inn also provides towels for the beach. Highly recommend asking for R&L’s suggestions on where to eat. Pleasure to stay with. Toiletries were generous and I enjoyed the lovely fluffy towels and robe. Thoroughly satisfied!”
Book a Summer Stay at The Addison
With summer officially kicking off on June 20, come enjoy all that Amelia Island has to offer. Whether you’re taking an East Coast road trip from the Carolinas, driving somewhere from within the Sunshine State, or hopping on a plane, come stay at The Addison!
If you’d like to book a room or have any questions about an upcoming stay, book your room online or call us at (904) 277-1604!