10 Romantic Activities on Amelia Island
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, you might be thinking about a romantic getaway for you and your special someone, perhaps a tropical island getaway. You’re in luck! You don’t need to leave the states to get your romance fix. Experience romance on Amelia Island!
While much of the U.S. reels from freezing temperatures this time of year, Amelia Island in Northeast Florida boasts an average temp of a balmy 65 degrees in February, often hitting the 70s and 80s during the day. Doesn’t it sound heavenly?
Romantic Activities and Things to Do on Amelia Island
Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Romance on Amelia Island
Gorgeous weather aside, there are plenty of reasons why Travel + Leisure named Amelia Island, one of America’s top three most romantic towns. Curious? Let me count the ways.
- With Amelia River on the west and the Atlantic Ocean on the east, you can start your day with a sunrise on the beach and end it with a sunset at the marina.
- While you’re at the beach, go for a romantic stroll, hand-in-hand, as you listen to the rhythmic sounds of the ocean waves. (Hint: Search for shark’s teeth in the sand.)
- Better yet, go horseback riding right on the beach—even if you’re a complete beginner. As one of the few areas in the U.S. where you can do this, Amelia Island State Park offers miles of pristine beach for a tranquil beachside horseback trail ride.
- Hop on one of the inn’s complimentary bicycles and enjoy a just-the-two-of-us ride to the beach or through the canopy-covered road to Fort Clinch State Park.
- Feed your appetite and take a Downtown Tasting Tour through historic Fernandina Beach. The 2½-hour Booze & Bites tour makes stops at two local eateries and two bars, giving you a chance to meet the owners, chefs, and bartenders while sampling their fantastic food and tasty cocktails prepared just for you.
- Speaking of food, shop with a chef, and get tips on choosing healthy options. Led by former Ritz-Carlton Chef Bill Thompson, now with Amelia Island Culinary Academy, the monthly farmer’s market tour includes a walking (and tasting) adventure through the Amelia Island Farmer’s Market. You and your honey can go back home armed with ideas for cooking romantic, healthy meals.
- Stay the weekend (and enjoy a musical event!) Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival has seasonal shows.
- Ready to catch that gorgeous Florida sunset? Do it on the water with a private sunset cruise on the Amelia River. The spectacular views of Cumberland Sound and the Intracoastal Waterway will take your breath away.
- Indulge in a couples’ massage. Wellness is the word on Amelia Island, as our seaside community boasts several luxurious spas to relax and rejuvenate together. Try the couples massage at Coastal Massage, just two blocks from the inn.
- Book a romantic getaway at The Addison. Valentine’s Day marks a special time to connect as a couple. Staying in the coziness of our bed-and-breakfast inn provides you with an intimate, personal, and unique stay that you can’t get at a large hotel.
The Romance of a Stay at The Addison on Amelia Island
Enjoy upscale comfort in our beautiful bed and breakfast inn—the historic house dating back to 1876! With 14 luxurious guest rooms, The Addison provides an elegant backdrop for a romantic getaway. With a nod to the inn’s history mixed with modern amenities, The Addison blends the past with the present. Our calming color scheme and understated hints of the tropics suggest Old Florida stylishness, complete with four-poster beds and rich hardwood floors.
With our premium bedding and linens (600-thread-count sheets, anyone?) and modern baths (some with jetted tubs big enough for two!), you might not even want to leave your room. Some rooms offer private porches, while others feature a fireplace—perfect for snuggling up together on a cool February evening. When you do venture outside your room, you’ll be drawn to our central courtyard with lush gardens, brick walkways, and a three-tier fountain as the centerpiece. You won’t find this homey feeling at a large hotel!
Plus, our inn’s ideal location puts you within walking distance of Amelia Island’s beautiful shops, restaurants, museums, and historic homes—yet gives you just enough distance to retreat to the inn for a quiet, relaxing stay. Plus, The Addison offers a special romance package perfect for lovebirds!
Why Celebrate Valentine’s Day at The Addison?
Create beautiful memories with a pampered stay at The Addison this Valentine’s Day! Our special romance package includes a couples massage, bouquet of roses, a chilled bottle of premier champagne, and a fruit-and-cheese platter to welcome you to your room when you arrive. Enjoy a romantic dinner at some of our favorite restaurants with a $60 restaurant gift card included in the package. (Our top picks? Wicked Bao, Espana, Burlingame, Le Clos, or David’s.)
As always, your stay at The Addison on Amelia Island includes a made-from-scratch three-course breakfast each morning plus our guest-only social hour with complimentary beer, wine, and appetizer served every evening. This romance package is $450 in addition to your room reservation. Call us at (904) 277-1604 to reserve your cozy room today. Or book online to make your Valentine’s Day a memorable one at The Addison.