Amelia Island is a must-visit destination for travelers who are looking to savor time under the sun, on the sand, and enjoy staying far from the daily routine for a while. As scenic as it is exciting, Amelia Island also happens to be a place where seafood lovers can find their fill! Here, you’ll enjoy easy access to a variety of seafood markets where you can enjoy the best of freshly-caught selections daily, or opt for a more prepared meal route instead. Either way, your taste buds will be sure to thank you for the experience.
3 of the Best Amelia Island Seafood Markets
If you’re looking for a seafood market that also happens to be one of the most iconic farmers markets in the area, and perhaps the entire state, then you’ll find everything you’re looking for at Fernandina Beach Market Place during your Amelia Island getaway!
- Opening times: Saturday between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Market staples: Seafood, fruits, honey, eggs, meats, organic vegetables, and beyond.
- Highlights from the market: Upstream Wild Alaska Seafood products available, from wild sockeye salmon to scallops, and smoked salmon.
This is an exciting and inviting market is open rain or shine, so you never have to worry about missing out on finding the seafood selections you’ve been looking forward to! While there are many sensational seafood options available at the Fernandina Beach Market Place, visitors and locals alike also the richness in flavor, texture, and color.
2. Atlantic Seafood Bait & Tackle
Location: 10 Ash Street in Fernandina Beach
Atlantic Seafood Bait & Tackle is another popular seafood market experience to add to your must-visit list when you’re in the area. Each seafood staple for sale is all reeled in by local anglers, which lends this market to a seemingly "endless" supply of options to choose from.
- Opening times: Daily from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Market staples: Blue crab, grouper, soft-shelled crab, squid, clams, oysters, shrimp, or salmon.
- Highlights from the market: Refreshingly reasonable rates; convenient peel and de-veining services for $1 a pound upon request; cleaning
The Atlantic Seafood Bait & Tackle not only offers the most convenience of the local markets but also prides itself on making your seafood shopping experience smooth and streamlined from start to finish.
3. Publix Super Market
Location: 1421 Sadler Rd
While it may not be your traditional open-air seafood market on Amelia Island, Publix in the Island Walk Shopping Center does offer up a large and fresh seafood section with ready-to-purchase products on display.
- Opening times: Daily from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Market staples: Catfish, tilapia, grouper, trout, shrimp, lobster, crab, tuna, mussels, oysters, scallops, and clams.
- Highlights from the market: Reasonable prices; convenient location.
This market option on Amelia Island makes it easier with readily available purchases, as well as the convenience of frozen ready-made seafood dishes - especially when you don’t have a lot of time to spare but are looking for flavor to enjoy.
Book Your Amelia Island Experience Today
When you’re looking to infuse luxury, comfort, and style into your stay, The Addison on Amelia Island has the accommodations you deserve. Our charming bed and breakfast sits in the heart of the historic district and offers guests access to amazing amenities, a prime location, and Victorian-inspired detailing along the way. It’s sure to be a stay you won’t forget! Reach out today to learn more and to start planning.